If your child is unwell, please call the school office 020 8542 4580 and select option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the school. When your child returns to school, please provide a letter or email explaining the absence. If your child has vomited or has diarrhoea they may not return to school until 48 hours after their last episode.
Any absence for 5 days or more requires a written note or email and medical evidence such as a note from the doctor, appointment slip/card or prescription to authorise the absence.
Absence during COVID-19 Pandemic
To help us with managing absence arrangements at this time, please take careful note of the following:
- If your child is absent from school it is imperative that you contact school on the first day, explaining the reason.
- If your child is unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, please make this clear to the school office when you call or email.
- If your child takes a test for COVID-19, please inform the school as soon as you are able.
- If your child is absent because they are isolating for a two week period, this should be made clear to the school office.
- If your child is absent because they are isolating for a two week period, the class teacher will be informed and school work will be provided within 2 school days from the point at which the office is notified.
- If your child is isolating and sent work by their teacher, they must complete the tasks as directed and follow the instructions for how to hand it in.
- If your child is unwell, they will not be set home learning tasks.
If your child has a medical appointment unavoidably during school time, please inform the school office. If you have a letter or email regarding any planned appointments, please provide a copy for our records.
HOLIDAYS DURING TERM TIME
Absences for holidays during term time are not authorised. There are exceptional circumstances (e.g. weddings, funerals) where an absence may be authorised at the discretion of the Head Teacher. Please complete a ‘Leave of Absence’ form and return it to the school office.
Please speak to Mrs Macdona for more information on whether or not an absence will be authorised, or to Mrs Smith (Attendance Officer) if you would like any further guidance.
Attendance is checked on a regular basis by the Educational Welfare Officer. They may contact families if there are concerns regarding poor attendance.