At St Mary’s, our mission is always to be the best that we can be and to ensure that the Gospel Values are at the heart of every great choice that we make in our day.
RE at St Mary’s
- RE lessons at St Mary’s are creative, dynamic and interactive. They are planned in line with the objectives set out by the diocese (see below) and opportunities for greater depth have been prepared
- RE is timetabled and taught by the class teacher for 2.5 hours a week (10% of teaching time)
- Each class has a prayer table with the correct liturgical colour cloth on top. The table should have the following: a prayer book, the class big book, a rosary, a statue or picture, a bible, candles and anything else that your class would like to put on there
- Big books will be used by each class to record discussions and practical RE activities or collective worship. The aim is to put something in the big book every 2 weeks, at least
- Collective worship takes place in class or in the playground daily and is indicated on the class timetable
- Prayers are said or sung in class at the following times: First thing, before lunch, after lunch and at home time